Course Preview Page
Methods of Instruction
Students enrolling in the Advanced Health Assessment Course must purchase a webcam and possess a personal computer or lap top / notebook computer to submit online assignments and participate in video recordings of group presentations.
- New to e-learning? Take the e-learning orientation before enrolling in any e-learning course.
- Before enrolling in an e-learning course review computer requirements.
- Hardware or Software Requirements specific to your course (if different from the BC standard)
- Required Meeting Dates or Times (include attendance requirements and dates of on-campus tests if any)
- All students must obtain their BC email address. It is used for course login.
- Students enrolled in the RN-BSN Program will need a Broward College and Broward County library card (see attached link to library information)
Course MaterialsThis is where you list course materials. Make sure to indicate which materials are required and which materials are optional. Tell students how and where to obtain course materials.
- Course Materials (textbooks, pocket manual, webcam, , CD-ROMs, DVDs, etc.)
- A student Access Code may be purchhased from either from bookstore or Blackboard website for Student Access Code, or student purchase during the first week of the semester during orientation)?
How to Register for this CourseAdvanced health assessment Lab is a limited access course and enrollment in this course is restricted. Students must contact the RN-BSN Program Manager for information on course enrollment.
Students must pay for the course before they will be able to log into the course.
firstname.lastname@example.org (All communication should be through Blackboard email. Use this BC email only if you have an emergency and/or are unable to access Blackboard email.)
Virtual Office Hours:
BC's Emergency Hotline#:
How to Access this Course once you are Enrolled in this Course
- Complete the Online Orientation (located within the 'Orientation -- Start Here' icon on the homepage) to learn how to navigate the course and access learning materials.
- Review the course syllabus (located in the left-hand margin of your screen). It is highly recommended that you print the syllabus and refer to it often throughout the semester.
- Send a mail message (email) to the instructor with the subject, Orientation Email. Compose a short message informing the instructor that you know how to use the Blackboard mail tool.
- Participate in one online discussion (Student Bio, item 3.1 in the table of contents; please note you may have to click the plus sign (+) to expand the table of contents).
- Submit an assignment with a file attachment (NUR 3069L Course Agreement form, item 3.2 in the table of contents; please note you may have to click the plus sign (+) to expand the table of contents).
- Sign the Statement of Integrity
- Take a short quiz relating to the syllabus (Syllabus Quiz, item 3.3 in the table of contents; please note you may have to click the plus sign (+) to expand the table of contents).
Students hould obtain BC email user ID and PIN code before attempting to login to Blackboard.
- At BC email address site, click on "ID Lookup", then enter your Student# (or INTL Student ID#) and PIN code (2 digit birth month and 4 digit year). Write down your email ID (not the @mail.broward.edu part), which is your Blackboard User Name.
- Your Blackboard User Name is the same as your BC email ID.
- Your Blackboard password is the same as your BC email PIN code.
- BC Blackboard/e-Learning login page The direct link for Blackboard login is https://elearning.broward.edu.
- Student e-learning Resources
- Publisher access code help page
- Blackboard Helpdesk is available if you need any technical assistance using or logging into Blackboard.
- Login to Blackboard and complete the orientation module.
- Access the course syllabus.
- Participate in one discussion.
- Send a mail message to the instructor.
- Submit an assignment with a file attachment.
- Take a short quiz relating to syllabus.